[UPDATE] We have closed submissions to participate in the 2017 Festival. We hope to see you there! If you were not able to make it on the program this year, please join us and enjoy the FREE event! There will also be an open stage and mic available from 12-4pm for an Arts Exchange. Folks are free to take the stage on a first come, first served basis.
And there’s always next year!
“Art in the Age of the Resistance” is the theme for the 2017 Western Workers Labor Heritage Festival.
This Festival will
- celebrate the heritage of art and culture in labor and broader social justice movements.
- feature skills-building workshops for unionists and community allies
- provide space for union members and community allies to perform and share their art including artwork display areas and an open-mic format for part of the day
We are seeking local artists to participate in the Festival. Do you have an awesome artistic skillset you feel comfortable teaching others about? Are you a performer or do you have artwork you’d like to share? Fill out the form below and festival organizers will get back to you.
Some things to consider when applying:
- This Festival will be free for all to attend
- We will have limited space for tabling
- We will have limited space to display artwork
- We are open to allowing folks to sell art, materials, etc but festival organizers will not be responsible for managing any component of the sale
- We will have a stage and sound equipment available on site
- Festival organizers will prioritize art and performances that include elements or are influenced by worker and social justice movements. We will also prioritize art and performances submitted from union members.
Deadline for applications: FRIDAY, AUGUST 4th!
Having trouble with the form? Email us directly with your submission at email@example.com